22 | Muslim | Pakistani | Austin | Biology | Food | Family | Friends
I like to post complete irrelevant and random things here.
My mother said to always keep my happiness to myself, to never whisper it to others. People will evil eye you, even if they don’t mean it, even if they love you, even if they have beautiful souls, she said. They can’t help the evil that resides in them, so protect yourself. Remain silent.
Nothing ever gets resolved. There’s just less media coverage about it and we forget
We all stood together for Syria
We all stood together for Ukraine
We all stood together for Gaza
We all stood together for Ferguson
It’s time we stand together for Pakistan, and spread what’s happening there like wildfire. Don’t let people forget that the citizens of Pakistan are so much more than what we’re portrayed as in the negative light. Make sure everyone KNOWS what the Pakistani protestors are doing right now and the cause they’re fighting for.
I give a damn about what's happening in Pakistan! My family and I, here in the UK, are glued to the television and in utter despair about what's happening to our brothers and sisters. Any updates?
I’ve been glued to ARY News myself with my dad for the past few hours. The thing with ARY News is that they’ll say one major thing and then quickly move on to the next. Granted, ARY is rather biased in favor of PTI, as Geo is in favor of PML-N’s regime.
So far it seems
- Protests have spread throughout the country, as have clashes. People have started to gather in Karachi as well now. InshAllah they all remain safe. Protests have now broken out in:
Hyderabad, and other cities.
- MQM’s Altaf Hussain has called for Nawaz Sharif’s resignation as well. I don’t know what the implications of this could be given MQM’s stronghold presence in Sindh, especially Karachi.
- According to ARY News 250+ have been wounded, no update on the number of people who have died. Numbers only continue to rise. According to some the police have been taking the bodies and removing them from sight.
- Imran Khan is still standing on top of his bus amid tear gas shells being fired at him. They’re still marching on. towards the PM house.
- Tahir Ul Qadri’s supporters have entered the Parliament building claiming they have been compelled to do so since the government has shot and killed innocent civilians marching. So far they are only conducting themselves peacefully in said building.
- Nawaz Sharif had helicopters remove and transport the gold he had stored in the PM palace.
Not bringing any political mess in and who supports who and so on. I’m sure most people are well aware of the situation in Pakistan right now. Posting this purely on the bases of humanity, to ask for prayers for those who have their lives in danger right now. Being in power in whatever way does not provide you a licence to kill people. It’s disgusting how Politics run in our country. May god protect Pakistan!
Pakistani protestors have been at it for 2 weeks, now getting wounded killed by live ammunition by state. As of now upwards to 170+ wounded, 7+ dead. Overwhelming majority of the Muslim American community silent.
#OneUmmah though, right?